your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lockeland Table: My Take on one of Nashville's Newest Restaurants

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet.  First, go ahead and call to make a reservation to Lockeland Table.  Now, read on.

It's been just over a week since my friends and I walked up the street to our newest East Nashville neighborhood eatery, Lockeland Table, and lets just say I have not been able to stop thinking about it since. Stellar service, a diverse menu, and a comfortable, gorgeous ambiance complete what is bound to be my new favorite restaurant in town (a title which can only be given after a few more fabulous experiences).



We made our reservations about a week in advance (which I would suggest.. it's a quaint little place, and they book up quickly) and were seated promptly upon our arrival.  I was impressed immediately upon walking in the door at the attention to detail in the design and aesthetic of the place.  Exposed brick walls, rich woods, great art, and a dimly-lit dining room create a trendy yet comfortable atmosphere. The attention to detail continued with the fun and creative cocktail menuthere were so many tempting mixtures I didn't even know where to start.  After a laborious debate with myself, I ended up deciding on a peach and bourbon creation, which did not disappoint.  Next up... food.  The menu offered so many alluring selections I knew my next decision(s) would be even more difficult.  I had to remind myself that it was likely I would be back soon, which is what ultimately comforted me and my dining partners, and helped us to make our choices.  As a table, here's  a play-by-play of what we ended up going with:

Appetizer:
Crab & Corn Fritter:  Can't go wrong with this one.  So extremely tasty.

Pizza:
Heirloom Tomato, Caramelized Onion, and Spinach:  Perfectly cooked.  Wonderful, fresh flavors.

Entree:
Cornmeal Dusted NC Catfish: Possibly one of the better pieces of catfish I've ever had.  

SE Family Farms Bone-In Pork Loin: My friend who ordered noted it was one of the best pieces of pork he'd had. It looked quite good. I tried the smoked cheddar mac and cheese, it was to die for.  

Dessert:
Sweet Ricotta Donuts: Served in a white paper bag, just like the good ole days. The homemade jelly + warm donuts were absolute perfection.

Zucchini Olive Oil Cake: With lemon glaze? Yes, this exists.  The sweet and sour combination of this dessert was spot on.  My mouth is watering as I type this.

So, there we go. Lets just say if this review hasn't enticed you to get out and try Lockeland Table, I'd suffice it to say we probably shouldn't be friends.  Here's their info:

Lockeland Table
1520 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206
615-228-4864


Hours:
Monday through Saturday, 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Happiest of Hours:
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.


Lockeland Table on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig