your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My FAVORITE Ice Cream in Nashville, By Far.

Okay.. Who doesn't love ice cream in the summertime?  Or, all the time really.  Yes.. I realize that is a rhetorical question.  I for one have a huge sweet tooth, which as of late, I've been trying to control.  HOWEVER, my one exception at all times is if I get an invite to, or just a craving for, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams in East Nashville.  Dare I say hands down, the best ice cream I've had to date in the U.S.?  Yes, I dare.  You are most definitely doing yourself a disservice if when you read this blurb, don't immediately stop whatever you are doing to go grab a scoop of this glorious creation.  




Their website says it best: "Generic chemist-built ice cream bases and powdered astronaut-friendly gelato mixes? No, ma’am. We build every recipe from the ground up with luscious, Snowville milk and cream from cows that eat grass. With that exquisite base, we explore pure flavor in whatever direction moves us at any moment, every day, all year."

To sum it up, unbelievable ice cream without all of the junk mixed in.  Not to mention, I have only had superior service there AND you get to try as many flavors as you want.  They encourage it, actually.

My favorite flavors (really, are all of them.. but if I had to choose):
Goat Cheese and Cherry (Remember.. be adventurous.  This one tastes like cherry cheesecake)
Dark Chocolate (Sinful)
The Milkiest Chocolate in the World (The title nails it)
Salted Caramel
Pistachio & Honey
Juniper & Lemon Curd (Lemon creamy goodness)


Go now, enjoy.  And let me know what your favorite flavor is.

892 Eastland Avenue  Nashville, TN 37206
(615) 262-8611
Hours: 11A-11P all week

**If you can't make it over to the East side, I've found that Jeni's is also sold at Burger Up, Hot & Cold in the Village, and at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum
Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig