your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Monday, December 15, 2014

My Favorite Nashville Things - Holiday Edition feat. Austin Webb & the Henningsens




Next up in our 'favorite Nashville things' holiday post extravaganza: artists Austin Webb and Brian and Clara Henningsen of the Henningsens! We of course discussed their local gift ideas and hotspots not to miss during the holiday season.


EN:  What is your go-to Nashville shopping spot for holiday gifts?


AW: I love Goodwill and Imogene and Willie on 12th South. However, this year I'm trying to convince my family to donate to charity instead of buying gifts.

CH: Anthropologie is one of my favorite places to buy gifts for any girl in my family. And target of course!

EN: Your personal favorite stocking stuffers?


AW: Yazoo beer, Starbucks gift cards, white chocolate covered Oreos!

BH: Concert tickets make the best stocking stuffers! Pocket knives are cool and useful too.


EN: Do you have any must-do Nashville activities for the holidays?


AW: Absolutely! Last year I flew my mom up to Nashville for the Opryland’s Annual Ice Exhibit! Last year was Shrek, and I plan on taking her this year as well!  

CH: This year my husband and I are starting an Opryland lights tradition!

EN: Your go-to holiday cocktail or meal of choice in Nashville?


AW: I always get the Dark and Stormy at the Patterson House or make my own flask filled with Jack Daniels and Baileys and call it a "Backstreet Banjo."

BH: Fried Bologna sandwich with jalapenos at Puckett's at 5th and Church, always a favorite. 

EN:  Your favorite Holiday album?


AW: Vince Vance & The Valiants – “All I Want For Christmas Is You”.

CH: Besides my own ;) haha I love Dan Fogelburg's The First Christmas Morning 

EN: Favorite Christmas movie?


AW: C'mon that's easy – A Christmas Story.  I've actually visited the house in Cleveland, Ohio!

CH: It's A Wonderful Life 

EN: If you could cover one Christmas song, what would it be?


AW: "Blue Christmas” by Elvis! 

BH: "Mary Did You Know"

EN: What is #1 on your Christmas list this season? 


AW: Whatever is on my nephew’s lists!

BH: Books  and time to read them! 

EN: Favorite holiday memory?


AW: The smell of the kitchen in our single-wide trailer as a kid. We didn't have much, but my mom always made us special batches of cookies! 

CH: When I was about 10 my dad built my sisters and I a playhouse. We loved it so much! It's still in mom and dads back yard and the grandkids now play in it. :) 

BH: When I was 9 years old, I awoke Christmas morning to a Basset Hound puppy. I named her Blue. My favorite dog of all time!

EN:  How do you celebrate the holidays at your home?


AW: Fresh mistletoe and old wine.

BH: Chaos and family overcrowding is the way we roll!

EN: Who would you most like to meet under the mistletoe?


AW: Emma Stone, Emma Watson, Christina Hendricks..... ummmm, I  could go on forever! 

CH: None other than my awesome husband :) 

Be sure and stay up to date with Austin & the Henningsen's on their official socials:






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig