your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Top 4 Brunches in Nashville

Brunch brunch brunch. Oh, how I love thee. As Nashville continues to grow, thankfully, so do our brunch and breakfast options. Brunch is possibly my favorite meal of the week for several reasons: It's the weekend, I can day drink and it's okay, and I love French Toast. Disclaimer: I hear there are several new places on the horizon (and a couple I have yet to try) so this list is most definitely fluid. That said, in no particular order, here are my current picks for best brunch in Nashville.

best brunch in nashville


Bricktop's
Before you go postal on me for recommending a 'chain' - remember I would NEVER steer you wrong! Despite the fact Bricktops has multiple locales in multiple cities, this is a brunch that truly shouldn't be missed. Chicken and Waffles and the BLT Benedict are among my favorite entrees. Their oven roasted potatoes and cheddar cheese grits are DIVINE (this coming from one who normally doesn't like grits). And ya'll, their homemade donuts served with chocolate, creme, and raspberry sauces are just ridiculous. An always heavy pour on the champagne in the mimosas and consistent quality service perfect the dining experience.

Marche
Words simply do not suffice for me to describe my love for Marche. Upon every visit, I'm blown away. The food = inventive, divine, succulent, ever changing. The croissant french toast in particular = the best I've EVER had. Yes, I went there. The crepes, the soups, the biscuits and gravy are all life changing. Drews Brews coffee is another fabulous perk. A quick word of advice - go early or late or prepared to wait at least 30 minutes - or you'll find it's quite clear I'm not the only one obsessed with this place.

Germantown Cafe
Germantown Cafe, you will always have a special place in my heart, especially because of your wonderful brunch service. Whether I'm in the mood for your unbelievable French Onion Soup and a simple side salad, or am feeling more adventurous and go for your famous Crab Cakes Benedict, I am never let down. Every brunch is paired with their famous flash fried bread rolled in cinnamon and sugar served with fruit butter, and a killer view of downtown Nashville.

Tavern
If I'm feeling brave and want to journey over to Midtown for brunch, I will undoubtedly choose to go to Tavern. I think the only negative thing I can say is I never know what exactly to order, because everything on their brunch menu sounds amazing. Everything. You most definitely can't go wrong with the Cheddar Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy, Red Velvet Waffle, Pain Perdu (let me describe this one for you real quick: challah bread, frosted flake crust, rocky road sauce), or a Benedict. Oh, and 2-for-1 mimosas for the win.

Did your favorite make the list? What's your go-to spot?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig