your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Martin's BBQ

One of my favorite restaurants, just a rocks throw away from where I live in Nashville, is a joint south of Brentwood on Nolensville Rd. - Martin's BBQ.  In my opinion, it is one of the best places you can grab BBQ in the city.  I was made aware of this local hotspot in an article a few months back in Nashville Lifestyles Magazine (another MUST have for Nashvillians- definitely take advantage of today's Groupon offering a years subscription for only $9 if you aren't a subscriber already), and am thankful I gave it a shot!  They have a diverse menu that includes pulled pork (smoked for at least 22 hours), brisket, smoked chicken, ribs, and more.  Pretty much every time I've visited, I have gotten the pulled pork sandwich (and you have to do it southern style, with cole slaw on the sandwich of course) which is phenomenal.  Are you a french fry fan?  Martin's are fresh cut, seasoned with sea salt, and are accompanying my meal every time I visit.  Needless to say, I love them.  One thing on my "to try" list here are the Redneck Tacos-  I've heard good rumblings..  I'll be sure to update when I try them.  Also, pretty much every weekend they have a whole hog roast, which is worth checking out.   I would advise becoming a fan on Facebook as they are good at sending out consistent (and comedic) updates regarding the restaurant, specials, etc..

There has only been one item on their menu that I wasn't a fan of, and that was the potato salad.  You may like it.. but really I'm ridiculously picky about potato salad and only a fan of my Grandma's, so I guess I can't fault them for that.

Everyone I have taken to Martin's has become a fan, so I'm sure you will too.  I got really hungry writing this blog/salivating over their menu, so I'm off to lunch.  Tonight I'm trying the new Virago so I will be back soon for a review!
Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig