your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Get out of the cold... Enjoy the warmth of Sportsman's Lodge in Brentwood!

It's the perfect time of year to write about one of my absolute favorite restaurants in the Brentwood/Cool Springs area, Sportsman's Lodge.  I discovered it by just by noticing an interesting looking restaurant on the side of I-65, and on a whim decided to give it a try.  I am glad I did!  It is great choice not only because of the best fried pickles in the area, or the fact that they serve one of my favorite local brews (Gerst Beer.. and a pitcher is only $6-ish bucks), but perfect because you can melt away the cold by the warmth of one of the huge fireplaces in the lodge-esque atmosphere.  Immediately upon walking in the front door you are transported to a restaurant you would think you'd find in the Rocky Mountains in the early 1900's.  Log walls, huge stone fireplaces, rustic furniture, and antler chandeliers complete the overall look.

Whether you are looking to just grab a drink/apps and unwind by the fire (Happy hour lasts until 7- I had an ice cold fishbowl of Gerst for around $2.) or grab dinner with friends, they've got it all covered.  I have never been disappointed by any of their menu options and overall service... I'd say that a must try on the menu are definitely the fried pickles-  I would go as far as saying they're the best I've had in Nashville. Other favorites are their wings (very unique sauce.. almost like a BBQ/buffalo), the Blackjack sandwich, and Barbeque on Cornbread.  A menu item I have never had is their catfish, but rumor is it's pretty good as well.  I have yet to find good catfish in Nashville so maybe they will be the first to not let me down- I will keep you posted!  A word of advice, keep in mind that their portions are HUGE- most of the time by the time I get through with the pickles and beer, I just want to split an entree.



All in all, if you are looking for a unique way to spend a winter evening, head out to Brentwood and give Sportsman's Lodge a try!  For my friends that live in Nashville proper, get out your passports - it is worth the drive.  See you all there.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig