your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mas Tacos Por Favor

So, let me start this off by saying I'm hungry. Because of this, it is extremely difficult to write this post as I am absolutely in love Mas Tacos. Just thinking about this food makes me salivate and anxiously await my next visit! Let's also mention the fact that I don't want to talk about how long it took me to get to Mas Tacos, living in East Nashville for almost two years and just now getting over there. Do NOT make the same mistake I did.



Okay, now that the negatives are out of the way...

When you arrive to Mas Tacos, the line will seem a bit daunting but rest assured it moves quickly and is worth the wait. After ordering my friends and I grabbed a table and cracked open a Landshark (this is a BYOB joint, btw). Just a few drinks in and our food was already up! Now, one of my favorite suggestions on what to order from Mas Tacos from a Twitter follower was simply: "Try everything."  I wish my stomach could have handled that as every bite I took was exceptional! We ordered Tortilla Soup, Chicken Tacos, Corn, and Plantains, all of which I would highly recommend.  Everything was made with incredibly fresh ingredients, and served hot right out of the kitchen. The plantains were fried, with just the right amount of crispy and sweet. Pure. Goodness.



Tips: 
  • The outside seems a bit sketchy, don't let this fool you- the food is outstanding and it is SO cute inside
  • Cash only
  • Try EVERYTHING
  • BYOB! There's no charge
  • Contrary to what you'll find on the interwebs, they are open until 9PM on Friday nights
Can't wait to go back and try more.

732 B McFerrin Avenue
Nashville, TN 37206
615-543-6271
Mas Tacos Por Favor on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig