your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

One of my Favorite Restaurants in Nashville: Germantown Cafe

I have realized that I haven't given this absolutely fantastic restaurant not even close to the love it deserves on my blog and Twitter feed. I know some of you may be surprised due to my raving about a few other new restaurants to the Nashville dining scene, but alas, Germantown holds one of the top spot in my heart, for several reasons:
  • Consistently it has offered top notch service.
  • Consistently it has provided delicious food at a decent price point.
  • Consistently (consistency is the key here, folks) it has great bartenders, and fantastic drinks.
  • Their view of downtown is fabulous.
  • They not only have an incredible dinner, but lunch and brunch options as well.
  • THE BREAD (Imagine a crispy cream doughnut without icing... I can't even talk about it).


I absolutely love the simplicity of the menu, and how they offer the somewhat "standard" options but, with fresh twists. Some of my favorite items:
  • Fried Green tomatoes:  The bit of goat cheese and the red pepper sauce make these bad boys out of this WORLD.
  • French Onion Soup:  Best in town = hands down.
  • Plum Pork: Unbelievable. One of my favorite entrees in town. The sweet plum with the salty pork is so incredibly delicious. Plus, it's served with mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, and a salad.  Oh.. and that delicious bread.
  • Speaking of the bread:  At brunch, they roll it in cinnamon and sugar and serve it with strawberry butter (queue salivation, now).
Conversing with my foodie (and non-foodie) friends, most all agree that Germantown Cafe is at (if not the) top of their list as well, so, clearly it should appear somewhere on your own. 

1200 5th Avenue North  Nashville, TN 37208
(615) 242-3226



Germantown Cafe on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

1 comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig