your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Family Wash — Nashville restaurant review

A couple of weeks ago I decided to check out an East Nashville favorite for the first time:  The Family Wash.  I had driven by it several times, heard several great things about it, but for some reason had never made my way in.  Ridiculous, I know.  After a last minute decision to grab a bite, coupled with the fact that there was no wait for seating (I was starving), proved to be a great decision.  First of all, we had an awesome server (Stephanieif she's there, ask for her, she was fab); Second, an impressive beer selection immediately caught my attention.  I asked our server for her food recommendation since I was a first timer, and she suggested the Shepherds Pie: A GREAT choice, it was delicious.  We also opted the spinach and artichoke dip as an app, which was quite tasty as well.  Rumor on the street is that their mac and cheese is pretty much to die for, but we didn't opt to add more calories this time around. Next time.



So, as I mentioned, the beer selection was impressive.  Several local brews on tap, along with seasonal selections from around the US.  I opted for the Jackelope Red Ale, and it did not disappoint.  In fact, it was really, really good.  If you've not tried Jackelope yet, do yourself a favor and make a visit to their taproom... I have yet to have any of their beers fail me.

After the first beer was served and food was on the table, the night continued to get even better with the addition of live music.  We are so lucky to have such talent in Nashville playing at joints like the Family Wash, and, they have live music every single night they are open.  Pretty awesome.

Don't wait as long as I did to check this place outyou'll be glad you paid them a visit!

A couple of items to note:

  • Tuesday is Pint & Pie night: A draft beer and Shepherd's Pie for $10 (Normally the pie itself is $11)
  • Thursday is $3.75 Draft Night 
  • They are closed Sunday and Monday

2038 Greenwood Ave. 
Nashville, TN 37206
615-226-6070
Hours: Tues-Saturday, 6pm-Midnight


Family Wash on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig