your insider guide for a local perspective on Nashville, Tennessee.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Best Haunted House in Nashville

Fall: It's one of my favorite times of year in Nashville. The changing leaves, the cooling temps, bonfires, cider, s'mores, Oktoberfest. Oh, and Haunted Houses. For some reason, something about immersing ones self in a terrifying experience is obnoxiously appealing to me - and I look forward to the season every. single. year.


best haunted house nashville



I've visited my fair share of haunts in town, and I have to crown a new favorite for 2015 - one that quite simply stands out above and beyond any house I've ever experienced: Nashville Nightmare. The sets, the design, costumes, overall production, the fact that it consistently scared the hell out of me and my friends - all elements of a top notch haunted house, which made for an absolutely terrifying experience.

There are actually two houses on site - Night Terrors and Horror High. The first, contains over 25,000 square feet of scenes that will undoubtedly re-visit you in your nightmares. I can't begin to tell you how many times I screamed. Out loud. Like a child. Whatever. The latter, Haunted High, is located in the abandoned remains of an actual high school. Terrifying. By the time we made it through both, I was without voice. I mean, no big deal, right?

If you're looking for even more, thorough reviews of the other Haunted Houses in Nashville, I recommend turning to my friends at the Nashville Scene and checking their stellar recommendations. Scene contributor Justin Stokes ranks the various haunts based on scariness, acting, costumes, production design, time, price, ingenuity, lighting, sound and misc. novelty factors: a scale which of course seems ghoulish-ly appropriate. 

Topping The Scene's list with an A+ is the aforementioned Nashville Nightmare, which Stokes describes contains "makeup and monsters of a caliber you'd expect at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights." Also note, Nashville Nightmare was also named among the top 31 Haunts in the nation by Haunted Attraction Magazine, so enter if you dare.
SHARE:

3 comments

© experience nashville

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig